Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Welding

On 13/11/2018 20:55, Chris wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:34:47 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

A mate I know could do 2mmm with relative ease (Landrover chassis) but
1mm was tricky if possible at all.

Good to hear!

Does it have to be stick? MIG is very easy even for a careful novice to
get a half decent weld on thin metal.

Yes, I have a MIG right next to the arc welder (on loan if it be needed).
But the question I'm asking is about ARC, not MIG.

MIG is ARC.

To avoid ambiguity say 'stick'

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson