Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Welding

On 13/11/2018 18:19, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

Realistically, what is the thinnest gauge of steel one can satisfactorily
weld using an arc (stick) welder before blowing holes makes it next to
impossible? (I'm not talking about some time-served, fully skilled, coded
bloke with all the certification; just an experienced DIYer.)

ta

Stick? Prolly 1/4" :-)

maybe someone out there can do down to 2mm but I cant.

Seriously, if its thin consider brazing with a blowlamp

fully understood.