Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default speaker refoam

wrote:

This is a favor for a friend of a friend.
I've never done a refoam before but I realize
it's not rocket science but there's probably
a learning curve. I won't have the option of do a trial run.

These drivers come out of a pair of Infinity Crescendos,
and the plastic dust caps seem well bonded to the cone.
I'd much prefer to shim the cone before bonding the foams,
but I don't know if the dust caps can be removed somehow
from the cones without damaging them.

Any advice appreciated.

** Plenty of u-tubes to be found on speaker repair, including the art
of replacing loudspeaker surrounds - whether foam or neoprene / rubber.
This one in about the Infinity Crescendo CS3007 model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVDVQ8_feI

TIP:

Speakers that use rubber roll surrounds last waaaaay longer.

than what?

** Than the kind mentioned in the *heading* and throughout of this thread

- dickwad.

Expecting people to be mind readers is rather silly.

** Never expecting that.

You a lack the ability to follow the context.

..... Phil