Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default speaker refoam

On Tuesday, 13 November 2018 19:06:15 UTC, John-Del wrote:
This is a favor for a friend of a friend. I've never done a refoam before but I realize it's not rocket science but there's probably a learning curve. I won't have the option of do a trial run.

These drivers come out of a pair of Infinity Crescendos, and the plastic dust caps seem well bonded to the cone. I'd much prefer to shim the cone before bonding the foams, but I don't know if the dust caps can be removed somehow from the cones without damaging them.

Any advice appreciated.

shim it from behind the cone, using bent bits of card.

NT