Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Serious Tube Amp Questions

On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 4:55:24 PM UTC-5, Terry Schwartz wrote:
There are plenty of isolated variacs.

I own a VIZ ISO-V-AC II WP-30. Nice unit.

Very nice. My buddy has a Sencore isolated variac that is similar to your VIZ.

I've got an RCA isotap II in my shop (WP-27A).

https://community.klipsch.com/upload...9308189164.jpg

Bought it new back in the 70s and use it every work day. No gauges, but it has a tap for monitoring the output. Just meat and potatoes.

don't think I've ever seen an isolated variac.

Modern speakers are fine on valve amps really. Unless you want excessive volume, or the amp has all of 3W available.

NT