Andy in Fink

Default Need advice on home inspection

I would suggest that you requre all inspections to be done by a paid
service --- and don't allow any service that gives "free" inspections
(especially foundation inspections) to have access to your property.

In my experience, they are usually unqualifed, and are rip-off artists
drumming up business for themselves or another service for which they
receive a fee, and are almost certainly going to exaggerate minor and
miniscule defects into major reconstruction jobs....

This can be written into a sales contract, i.e.," inspections shall be done
at the buyer's expense only by a licensed registered professional
engineer......"
It isn't perfect, but it's better than an out-of-work convenience store
clerk who works on commission...

Andy in Texas
******* *********************************************
"RB" wrote in message
Having had several home inspections lately I'd recommend placing more
emphasis on the qualifications of the home inspector than on telling him
how to do the job. The ones I've seen are doing home inspections
because it is easier than doing construction and they aren't good enough
to keep a job doing home construction.

RB

J. Cameron Davis wrote:
I'm in the process of purchasing a home, and I need to have it

inspected.
What should I be sure the inspector checks so that the in inspection is

very
thorough? Thanks.