Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default How many chemicals have been banned in the US for cosmetic use?

On 11/11/2018 23:31, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:12:35 +0000, Norman Wells
wrote:
On 11/11/2018 22:43, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

Answer: US 10

EU 1200

Cue Norman.

Which do you think is better? Why?

The regulatory authorities in the states have no teeth and the EU
precautionary approach is protectionist towards the consumer and not the
chemical companies.

Is there any evidence of disproportionate harm from cosmetics in the
USA? If so, do provide it.

You see, it's a very litigious country and there would be law suits
galore if there were. I can only assume therefore that it doesn't
exist, which means that the EU is being its usual silly self in banning
everything and anything.

Your bringing up 'the EU precautionary approach' is direct evidence of
that. What it means is that there's no evidence of any harm at all, but
we'll ban it anyway, probably for political or protectionist reasons not
scientific ones.

So I'm with the EU. I expect Boris won't give a **** though and will
bare his arse for a trade deal. Welcome to the future.

I doubt if cosmetics have even crossed his mind.