Colin Wilson

Default Combi Boiler - normal behaviour ?

It generally functions well but when I run a bath in cold weather, at
a constant medium tap flow rate, the water temperature fluctuates
greatly. Scalding hot for a minute or so, freezing cold for another
minute and so on.

This gets mentioned regularly, so no doubt one of the regular central=20
heating wizards will be along shortly to work their magic :-)

A British Gas chap told me "all combis are like that"/"yours is too
old"/"in the wrong place" etc etc. Is he right and it is time to fork
out for a new one ? Or is this something that can be fixed ?

From what I remember of previous answers, British Gas are simply trying=20
to apply their "perhaps we can sell a muppet a combo" logic !

No nastiness intended there - it was a general comment about people who=20
buy from BG in the first place, like my ma-in-law who just spent over =A34k=
=20
on a standard *combi* CH system from them... The same could be had for=20
=A32.5k maximum almost anywhere else

--=20