Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Steven Watkins Steven Watkins is offline

Default Purpose of shower switch

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 15:59:17 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 10:33:19 AM UTC-5, Steven Watkins wrote:
Why do houses have a switch to turn the shower off, either a cord on the ceiling or a switch in the hall?

Why would anyone have a shower activated with a switch? I've lived in many places, traveled to many countries. Some showers have lights that are
on switches, but not the shower itself. The only place I saw such a shower
was on my boat and it's a 12V pump.

Don't tell me you still use the kind you shove on the bath tap? We have electric showers in the UK now.