Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Loosening a ceiling rose

On 09/11/2018 13:35, Brian Reay wrote:
On 15/06/14 00:09, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I have a round plastic ceiling rose in our kitchen
which I am unable to rotate in order to remove it.
I guess the heat from the bulb below may have distorted it,
or just made it adhere tightly to the part attached to the ceiling.

I've tried turning it with a (not very good) plumber's wrench,
after applying WD50 liberally, but this just slipped round.

I thought of drilling two holes in the flat bottom,
inserting screws and using a screwdriver or similar to turn it.
Any better suggestions?

Either an oil filter removal too or one of those cheap plastic/rubber
jam jar lid removal gizmos used if you have weak/arthritic/elderly
wrists - I have used the same thing for uncrewing a bottle trap waste.
Useful tool for all sorts of stuff.

This sort of thing:-
http://tinyurl.com/weakwrist