Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Default Dying Kindle

On 5 Nov 2018 09:43:02 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

My wife’s 3G Kindle Paperwhite has suddenly stopped charging. Tried
different leads and chargers but the orange LED never comes on to indicate
charging. We know that they work on my Kindle.

Pressing and holding the power button will briefly elicit a green flash
from the LED and the screen blanks then cycles back to the “low battery”
image.

I’ve had a look inside but nothing appear loose and even if the power
socket was loose it would be beyond my skills to fix. The socket is clean
internally (no fluff or grit etc.).

Anyone else had this problem? Would it be worth taking it somewhere for a
USB socket replacement working on it being the likeliest culprit?

Tim

There's a 2017 youtube video by a Yank who suggests holding down a
button on the back for a full 40 seconds. Mind you, he said this
simulates removing the battery which I guess you've already tried.
--
Dave W