Thread: Dying Kindle
View Single Post
  #34   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default Dying Kindle

Sam Plusnet Wrote in message:
On 05-Nov-18 11:45, Tim+ wrote: Richard wrote: On 05/11/2018 10:47, Tim+ wrote: The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message: On 05/11/2018 09:43, Tim+ wrote: My wife?s 3G Kindle Paperwhite has suddenly stopped charging. Tried different leads and chargers but the orange LED never comes on to indicate charging. We know that they work on my Kindle. Pressing and holding the power button will briefly elicit a green flash from the LED and the screen blanks then cycles back to the ?low battery? image. I?ve had a look inside but nothing appear loose and even if the power socket was loose it would be beyond my skills to fix. The socket is clean internally (no fluff or grit etc.). Anyone else had this problem? Would it be worth taking it somewhere for a USB socket replacement working on it being the likeliest culprit? Ive seen this on a kindle that has been left for ever and gotr really low.IIRC we got it back by simply plugging it in and leaving it - for hours Left it on charge overnight. No joy. Tim This any use? https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/kindle-critical-battery-error Alas no. Charging light just doesn?t come on. Part 2 of that article said"hold the power slide to the right for at least 20 seconds"My paperwhite ain't got no steenkin' power slide.(Nor a "Home" key)I wonder if (UK) Kindle Customer Services would replace it for free?-- Sam Plusnet

That article is dated 2010. Kindles then still had keyboards. I
doubt it applies to any recent models
--
Chris French