Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dying Kindle

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 00:07:41 +0000, Chris French wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 17:25:28 UTC, JoeJoe wrote: In the last
year I have sold an old PaperWhite Kindle with a broken screen for
£40 (a new one could be had for £100), and a 10 year old TomTom with
a dead internal storage for £60... Both on eBay, and both were
purchased by people with East European-sounding names. Both, for some
reason emailed me within a few weeks to let me know that they had
managed to fix them...It might have been cheaper to buy it back than
pay for a repair :-)A used 15 inch Android tablet is £99 on ebay if
anyone wants anything bigger than a Kindle. 24 inch is only £150.
That's bigger than my telly (which is what puts me off buying it!)Owain

Using a tablet to read on though is a different experience to
using a Kindle dreaded, I have both and much prefer the Kindle,
especially for more extended reading sessions, and in bed.

I agree. However, other e-readers with e-paper are available - I use a
Kobo Aura.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org