Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boarded victorian loft weight

On 06/11/2018 13:03, AnthonyL wrote:
I'm a hoarder and have stacks of stuff up in the loft, the heavier
gear nearer the edges and I have used planks to spread load where I
consider necessary. Thus far no sign of any movement but I'm
conscious that a clear out would be warranted or shelving attached to
the end gables.

I just used floor grade joists and boarded it over with floor grade chip.

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)