Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Inline Pigtail Splice

On 11/6/2018 11:17 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 07:31:57 -0600, dpb wrote:

Way back when put in the feedlot and wired the waterers for the heaters,
Dad used a crimp-on connector that went around (stripped section ~1"
long) 4 GA AL feed and allowed a #14 to #10 pigtail to be joined for the
individual boxes without having to cut the main feeder.

I'm needing to add a new connection and can't find anything similar nor
think of exactly what to call it to search...anybody got a clue or lead
to one?

I'd really like to not have to insert a splice...

Probably not a Home Depot thing but any real electrical supply will
have them

https://commerce.ilsco.com/e2wShoppingCatalog.aspx?parentId=3100012894&parent Link=2100001183

Well, that's pretty strong assumption for the one supply here in town...

I can't tell for sure; those by the figure look to be inserted both ends
with insulation-penetrating connections.

Here's what was looking for
https://commerce.ilsco.com/e2wShoppingCatalog.aspx?parentId=3100012836&parent Link=2100001183:3100012197:3100012198:3100012836

excepting they don't seem to have the smaller conductor tap option.

I couldn't think of the "H-tap" description before; and to my surprise
they did actually have some on hand so I'm all set here after dinner...