Ned Simmons

Default Ceiling fan bicycle generator

In article ,
says...

The options would be to either find a way to magnetize the rotor so it
runs as a synchronous alternator, or devise a way to provide the
motor with AC excitation voltage.

I'd expect a PM brushless motor would work pretty well as a
3 phase generator.

Doug - I think I may have Bodine 3409 stashed here
somewhere that was pulled because it had one bad phase.
You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping if you're
interested in playing with it, and assuming I can locate
it. The voltage constant is 47 volts/1000 RPM, the torque
constant is 57 oz-in/amp. I don't recall if the bad winding
was shorted or open.

Ned Simmons