RoyJ

Default Railroad Track Anvil, Built

But putting the holes in when you pour the concrete means you have a
convienient way to move it when you need to. Spending a few minutes to
put the pvc in before the pour sounds like a good idea to me. If you
odn't use it, you are out 15 minutes. If you need it, it will be the
only way for one person to move it.

Grant Erwin wrote:

I have a similar anvil stand. No wheels. I scoot mine too. I thought a lot
about putting wheels on it and decided not to. Feet and hot metal go lots
of places when I'm working, and wheels would get in the way. While I
applaud
your idea of putting in a hole that clever way, I would personally not
choose that design feature were I to build it. - GWE

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Shawn writes:

This anvil is
fairly heavy but VERY easy to scoot around the floor as most of the
weight is at the bottom.

Having made similar things, I figured out next time I would use some
1/2" PVC pipe to cast in an axle through-hole near the bottom of the
base. That way you can put an axle and some wheels just off the
ground, and some sockets for a handle, and you can wheel it around the
shop. I imagine you could retrofit this by welding onto your angles.