Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Inline Pigtail Splice

On 11/6/2018 7:31 AM, dpb wrote:
Way back when put in the feedlot and wired the waterers for the heaters,
Dad used a crimp-on connector that went around (stripped section ~1"
long) 4 GA AL feed and allowed a #14 to #10 pigtail to be joined for the
individual boxes without having to cut the main feeder.

I'm needing to add a new connection and can't find anything similar nor
think of exactly what to call it to search...anybody got a clue or lead
to one?

I'd really like to not have to insert a splice...

AH! AMP they were then, it appears in the COPALUM series now sold by
Tyco -- but I didn't find the style any longer there...just butt
connectors/lugs.

I did find from Morris the H Tap which is a near look-alike
shorturl.at/ghAGU -- the kicker is going to be finding one as the size
needed is in the "Call Factory" availability...