Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Lowes' Closings

On 11/5/2018 10:51 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 21:06:57 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 11/5/18 8:45 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 8:35:56 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A list here of the many stores shutting down:

https://www.marke****ch.com/amp/story/guid/9F335244-E0FD-11E8-A5F4-C69C003E438C

What was it, 21 in the US? That's not many. Two of them are in NYC.
The rest appear to be acquisitions gone bad in Canada and doesn't look
like they are even Lowes branded stores.

I added the "many". There are five Lowes in all of Nebraska.
The good news is most of the closing stores in the U.S. are within 10
miles of another Lowes.
Employees will be given work at those.

I bounce around between 2 Lowes and a Home Depot. If you are serious
about building materials HD is the place to go but if you are looking
for trim stuff it is Lowes.
The lowes that is not across the street from Home Depot does seem to
do better. I was not sure why they put them across the street from
each other (that big intersection I posted on the roundabout thread).
I need something bad to go down there unless I am already there.

Google says over 2,000 Lowes related stores in the USA. There are maybe
3 in my county and a close one in nearby PA.

On-line shopping is killing brick and mortar stores. Lowes has
something like 7 million items available on-line and no store could
carry all of them.