Posted to uk.d-i-y
BenTenBox BenTenBox is offline

Default Boarded victorian loft weight

replying to BenTenBox, BenTenBox wrote:
Ok, well, I've tried to figure out which is the load bearing wall, we have two
upstairs one that runs front to back but is not mirrored downstairs, and one
that runs side to side, halfway down the length of the house, this runs both
upstairs and downstairs. This also has one of the purlin supports fixed into
it. Assuming then the beams are unsupported from there to the eaves the joist
length would be 4.1 metres unsupported, the photo attached has my finger
pointing to the support thst I think goes to the supporting wall, and the rest
of the photo shows the length of unsupported joist, this is assuming that the
very large beam in the photo is not supporting them. If it is then the
unsupported length there is 2.1 metres .

Does that make any sense?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/gv