Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Dying Kindle

If it flashes though, does that not mean it has seen the power.
There have been so many of these Kindles. I assume all the books are safe
in the cloud or whatever, it might be a cut and run one, even assuming you
can get a socket fitted.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
My wife's 3G Kindle Paperwhite has suddenly stopped charging. Tried
different leads and chargers but the orange LED never comes on to indicate
charging. We know that they work on my Kindle.

Pressing and holding the power button will briefly elicit a green flash
from the LED and the screen blanks then cycles back to the "low battery"
image.

I've had a look inside but nothing appear loose and even if the power
socket was loose it would be beyond my skills to fix. The socket is clean
internally (no fluff or grit etc.).

Anyone else had this problem? Would it be worth taking it somewhere for a
USB socket replacement working on it being the likeliest culprit?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls