Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Dangerous copper clad aluminium stranded flex warning

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.aci.org.uk/news/aci-warns...-flexible-cord

Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I
escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a
maker with a not dissimilar name).

QA seems to be somewhat wanting over there.

And we'll soon be able to import such crap nice and easily once free of
those dreadful EU regs.

What are you on about? We're already importing it.

But it will be even cheaper once out of the EU. Just what's needed.

There are times when you come across as immensely ignorant.

These items are shipped to the UK because of the EU. Brexit will mean a
UK entity will import items and become the manufacturer. It will have to
conform to the existing rules and regulations, and not be some rogue
company in a far off developing country that has the right to export
free of customs restrictions to the EU.