Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Why does an LED replacement for fluorescent tube start with a delay?

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 2:32:14 PM UTC-4, bilou wrote:
On the other hand,normally off lamps, sometimes blink slowly in the
dark
because of capacitive coupling of the wiring around the switch.

I have not noticed this, but there is approximately 15 feet (5 meters) of mains wire between the switch on the wall and the light.

When I lived in Germany many of the light switches were momentaries, and just changed state of the breaker in the panel. Here in the US I've never seen that done. The light switch on the wall directly controls the power to the light.