Posted to alt.home.repair
BenTenBox BenTenBox is offline

Default Boarded Victorian Loft Strength

Morning,

My wife and I have moved into a 1900 victorian semi that has a boarded loft
space, I was wondering how strong this unlikely to be and was hoping for some
advice, since we've moved in we have put some items up there but limited it to
fairly light stuff such as camping equipment (tent and sleeping bags) old
clothes, spare pans and Xmas decs etc, I've avoided things like stacked boxes
of books etc. I wondered if that seemed an Ok weight? The roof is of purlin
construction and 2 by 4 beams spaced about 1ft apart. The chipboard is 1 inch
thick.

I've attached a few photos, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/gr
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/gs
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/gt
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/gu