Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default need a schematic not user manual for a "Furman AR-1220"

M Philbrook wrote:

Like it states.. I've reversed engineered some of the board but it would
be nice if I had an official schematic to this Furman AR-1220 120V like
regulator...

Currently what I have found it the control transformer to P3 plug seems
not correct to me.... It is using a 230v primary in a 120 V system and
is part of the supply rails for the 5, 15+ and 15- post regulators..

** That tranny HAS to be 240V rated so it can cope with accidental ues with 240VAC power.

https://www.swee****er.com/store/det...tage-regulator

Its only getting to 10VDC after the bridge on the average and of course
that isn't enough for proper reg..

** May not matter, TL084s have a wide operating voltage range.

I put in a temp transformer that would deliver the correct amount but
then it places the unit into EVS mode (Extreme Voltage Shutdown) and
never comes out of it, yet it seems to appear to operate with rails
sagging on the 15 volt supplies.. These supplies are to take care of the
TLO84 quod op-amp and thus the way they are now tells me the 15 volt regs
are nothing more than limiters not regulators...

** That is likely exactly how it works.

..... Phil