Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 7:14:05 PM UTC-4, RION wrote:
replying to Ryan, RION wrote:
Well, here it is 2018, and I am having a similar problem with an 8,000 BTU
window ac. I guess I should feel luck that mine does go down to 65.7 F. The
problem here is that I bought this to cool a wine cellar. The ac unit is in a
fake window between two parts of my basement. The wine cellar part is well
insulated, but you can't get 60 F (the temperature I really desire) if the
calibration on the thermistor is wrong. I am getting ready to use a fixed
resistor along with a pot, and hope I get lucky.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...c-1144161-.htm

IDK see why you'd need a resistor and a pot. And are you saying you're
just going to use those or use them in conjunction with the thermistor?
Without the thermistor it won't work.
It would seem a pot and the thermistor would do to tweek it.
Have you been able to measure the resistance of the thermistor, see what
it is? Many of them are 10K ones, you can find them, 10 for $2 maybe
on Ebay and there are curves online. Or if it's 10K, then a 1K pot
in series should work to tweak it.