Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Nail holes showing up

On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 8:14:08 AM UTC-4, Lake house lady wrote:
I have VG fir trim all over my house. It was installed pre-finished. 6 years
later the nail holes that were filled with putty are showing up really
prominently. If I do a light sand a put a coat of Spar Varnish on the trim,
will the nail holes disappear and blend in again?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...p-1179125-.htm

Depends on why they are showing up. Is it just color matching or are they
somehow raising up? If it's color matching, I doubt just sanding and putting
another coat of clear on top will fix it. Clear is clear. You might find
some stain that hides them better and apply that with a tiny brush or similar.