Maryjoe

Default Sewing Machine Advice Junki

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:37:42 -0500, " wrote:

Is there some mental defect that afflicts people that makes them reluctant
to explain what they're trying to accomplish when they ask questions, or
are they just afraid that we'll suck their souls out if they share too much
information?

I can understand when one seeking information and not telling too much.
You should know by now, Internet can be extremely dangerous and sometimes fatal
if you are not careful. We need not blare out every detail of what we are doing
for the whole world to hear. :-)

Anyway.... what are you planning to do with the the thing?

My wife sews and sells simple everyday household stuff to supplement our income
after her 8 to 5 job in the evening and weekend. It is an honest way of put
foods on the table if I may add. Does that satisfy your curiosity? I am sure you
are not interested in her $4.99 to $39.99 thingy?:-)

Do you want an industrial machine because you think they're
better for heavy use, because you need a deep throat, or..

snip

She sews light to medium duty materials. Deep throat, cuz makes it easy and will
not crease the materials. No need tricks, buttons, zig-zag or programmable etc.
Just a simple reliable and fast machine. I will try to repair if possible.

If all you're after is reliability, no, it's not worth it. You should
just buy two elderly singers off ebay for a total of about half
that asking price. (Anything beige, look for model number in the
500 range or lower)

--Goedjn

(I have a singer 404. I make tents with it.
It will sew through a wooden ruler without
blinking. It will also sew through your thumb
without blinking. It cost me $100 bucks,
including an initial cleaning.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a check Singer 404 and I think we will go ahead
and buy the Juki (NOT Junki), unless we find a better alternative. I came to
realize speed is important and the present Brother sewing is very slow and broke
down twice (We bought an antique $60, Singer as a backup).

Thanks