Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default GU10 incompatibility

Probably cos they bought them from Arfur Daleys successor and now are stuck
with incompatible rubbish.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
news
On 31/10/2018 11:00, whisky-dave wrote:
I have a 4 way soptlight thing in the kitchen with 4 dimmable LEDs with
a LED dimmer again no problems in 2-3 years, but these weren't DAIL and
they wouldn;t fit in the front room 6 way lights they were about 2mm too
short, the pins never properly engaged the sockets, because the bulbs
had 'wings' or rather fins that stopped the bulb from being able to sit
properly in the holders.

Now that would seem to be a possible reason

I think I will find alternative GU10s

I borrowed a spare GU190 0 from me frind and it fitted.

So it's the piece of **** lamps that dont dim, don't last and don't fit.

Why they dont say on the website 'these dimmable lanps don't really dim,
and they fail in the first 200 hours, and they dont always fit the
sockets' mystifies me ;-)

Ah well. Chalk that one up to experience

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.