Happy Homeowner

Default Cutting cast iron sewer pipe ?

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
wrote:

I need to a cut a 4" cast iron sewer line and am wondering whether to
use a rental chain type cutter or buy those treated sawzall blade ?

Of course using cutoff wheel would be great if I didn't have to worry
about potential explosion from sewer gas .

Cast iron is funny; some will cut like butter with a Sawzall,
but others will resist all attack:-)
If you have room to get the chain in, I'd do that.

Jim

a Milwaukee "AXE" blade on a sawzall will cut through cast iron pipe like
butter.
it will even cut through a cast iron tub..............3 blades and 2 hours
later.

but the chain is always the easiest and fastest way (providing you have the
room to wrap the chain around the pipe).