Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great shop tip for us old farts

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 21:29:11 -0500, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 8:02 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
Well, I find myself more unstable on my feet now so I need to be careful!* I
have big "C"- clamps tightened on the edges and corners of my workbench and on
shelving units and on other things like my drill press.* So anywhere I walk in
the shop there is a nearby handhold readily available.* In some places I have
clamped a short length of 2x4 in place.* All this has saved me a tumble or two.
sucks to get old and deteriorate!

I first realized I had a problem when I couldn't get out of the bath tub.
I couldn't stand up. After a while I managed to slide sideways to the floor.
I saw some ads for these various type of 'shower handles'. They maybe be
handy for other things too. I've just been showering these days but really
there are times I'd like to soak. Did a google search for "shower wall handle"

There are a ton of things out there that may be of help. The Strong Suction Cup
things are about $10.

Be damned careful of anything that isnt bolted directly to the wall
studs. Back in my cop days..I got called on more than one elderly
person that fell after depending on a "suction cup" and died over a
period of time...unable to get to phone or even out of the tube. . In
at least 2 cases as I recall..the tile squares come loose from the
wall itself..the suction cup gizmos held..but the glue behind the tile
failed.

Just saying....

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---