Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Used Granite

On 31/10/2018 09:01, cf-leeds wrote:
I'm in the process of refitting the kitchen, having united the previous kitchen and dining room.

I removed the old granite work surfaces and kept them, rather than throwing them in the skip. I thought they'd be worth something.

Looking on ebay, I see loads of people with a similar idea. I get them impression looking at the prices that there's not much of a market for used work tops.

Am I totally wrong. Anyone else out there tried to shift unwanted granite/marble ?

Thanks

I'd imagine the issue is that it is almost certainly cut to size/the
layout of your kitchen.

Unless you can find someone who has a similar layout or can cut bits out
to make a new layout, then I can't see it selling- at least not as
kitchen worktop.

Other uses may be, smaller sections to make small granite surfaces
(cutting areas etc). I knew someone who broke up a number of marble
wash stand tops (the old ones) and used the bits to lay a 'crazy paved'
marble floor. It looked very nice.

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ