Default Sewing Machine Advice Junki

Maryjoe wrote:

I posted this in alt.sewing and no one is in. Someone here could probably advise
me if Junki DLL8300N fully assemble for $595 is worth buying.

My wife needs a reliable industrial sewing machine, we really cannot afford a
fancy expensive machine and any advice or suggestions will be deeply
appreciated.

rhetoric
Is there some mental defect that afflicts people that makes them reluctant
to explain what they're trying to accomplish when they ask questions, or
are they just afraid that we'll suck their souls out if they share too much
information?
/rhetoric

Anyway.... what are you planning to do with the the thing?
Do you want an industrial machine because you think they're
better for heavy use, because you need a deep throat, or
because you plan to be sewing through leather and other thick
materials? Do you need a machine that will do tricks,
like button-holes and zig-zag and programmable patterns, or
will a machine that will does only straight stitches, but that will
do them for 500 hours of continuous operation, through 14 oz
leather work? Are you capable of doing any of your own
maintenance and repair?

If all you're after is reliability, no, it's not worth it. You should
just buy two elderly singers off ebay for a total of about half
that asking price. (Anything beige, look for model number in the
500 range or lower)

--Goedjn

(I have a singer 404. I make tents with it.
It will sew through a wooden ruler without
blinking. It will also sew through your thumb
without blinking. It cost me $100 bucks,
including an initial cleaning.)