Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost efficiency - electric space heater versus whole home hot air propane heating?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 19:36:27 -0400, Nikola Tesla
wrote:

On 10/30/2018 6:28 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
I just want to know, in general, what most people feel are the tradeoffs.
The math is too hard because the data is not there for usage.

In general, is the space heating more efficient than whole house
(assuming that you have to heat the space a lot in that case).

Read your electric meter every hour and then you'd know exactly how much your using and when you are using it.

If they have upgraded your meter to a smart one, that hourly use is
probably on the PoCo web site. I can get reports of my usage sliced
and diced several ways even down to fractions of an hour.