Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen    Holder is offline

Default Cost efficiency - electric space heater versus whole home hot air propane heating?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:15:35 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I like having it colder at night, and using a blanket. At least in the
winter when I'm not paying to be cold.

BTW, rates have gone up here. My last bill shows 12.7 cents per kWh (the
real value, actual bill divided by usage).

You can't imagine how many of those "furry" blanket I bought at Costco when
they went on sale! I must have bought at least a dozen!
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4529735blanket.jpg

I tell everyone that the blankets save their price in just one night, but I
really do not know how much propane is saved by not running the furnace for
12 hours.

Do you?

How much does a typical propane furnace burn in gallons overnight?