Joseph Meehan

Default I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace

I would hope that anyone who owns a company selling hot water heaters
would know a little bit about heat tape. It sure makes one wonder how much
he knows about the product he tries to sell.

Heat tape comes in various brands and can be rated in watts per foot or
watts for a given product of a given length. Every current product I know
of only consumes electricity when it is needed, using some form of control
based on the temperature.

It has been my experience that it uses very little energy and well worth
the cost.

On the other hand I doubt if I would buy a product from anyone who SPAMS
newsgroups with a sales pitch for a product that will not help with the
problem presented by the original message.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

wrote in message
I tried to do research on the heat tape... If I'm not mistaken thats
the kind that uses electric to heat the pipes so they don't freeze.
My concern is how much electric is consumed during this process. The
websites I visited were obviously keeping this information from
consumers eye's. I would imagine its way up there... heating
anything using electric has always been expensive, i.e. hair dryers,
toasters, they all have high consumption...

I'd really consider a RedyTemp... not just because I own the company
but because...

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:59:01 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Copper with heat tape. Insulation will do little or nothing to

prevent
freezing if the area is below freezing and no water is being run through

the
pipe. Go away for a day when it is cold and you WILL have frozen pipe.

With
the heat tape, you will be safe.

Copper is not hard to work with, once you learn to sweat pipes.