Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost efficiency - electric space heater versus whole home hot air propane heating?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:15:35 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 10/29/18 12:27 PM, wrote:

[snip]

A lot depends on where you live but the 45 cents screams California.
(North or South?) Here in Florida my power is around 11 cents a KWH
and we have toaster wire heat in the central system so it makes
perfect sense to run a 1440w heater in the room we are in and leave
the central system off. We just let it get cold at night and snuggle
up under a blanket but cold is a relative thing. Pipes don't freeze
here and the heating season is days, not months.

I like having it colder at night, and using a blanket. At least in the
winter when I'm not paying to be cold.

BTW, rates have gone up here. My last bill shows 12.7 cents per kWh (the
real value, actual bill divided by usage).

Same here. We are getting free A/C right now instead of the mini split
my wife runs at 66 in the bedroom at night.