Martin

Default Blocking perfume odors in bathroom cabinets?

A previous tenant apparently spilled perfume of some sort in one of the
cabinets. We've tried to get rid of the residual odor by painting it over
with shellac, but it's still pretty strong after 3 years.

There was a thread on here recently that talked about wood cabinets and
shellac, but these are made of dense particle board with a veneer of 1/32"
white plastic. They seem to be quality construction.

I wonder if anyone has tried Kilz or an acrylic lacquer, or has any comments
on those or other finishes for blocking odors.