ozark

Default I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace

Hi,
I am in the process of remodeling an older home. The existing water
supply lines need to be replaced. The house has an uninsulated
crawlspace where the pipes are run.
I am looking for the "right" way to do this. I need to decide if I
should use PCVC pipes with foam insulation or copper with heat tape.
It is my understanding that the plastic is less likely to burst if
frozen and it is a lot cheaper and easier to work with so I'm leaning
in that direction. The house is located in Missouri where winters
aren't too bad, but we still get below Zero ocasionally. There are no
building codes in the area. Any plumbers care to give their opinion?

Thanks

Ozark