Posted to sci.electronics.repair
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Contact cleaner for TEK 465B?

Once upon a time on usenet gregz wrote:
wrote:
I have a Tektronix 465B. I bought it used because it was one of the
scopes recommended by folks who post here and on the electronics
basic group. And I know hardly anything about oscilloscopes. It has
worked very well until two days ago. The volts/div switch has one
position where the display gets all wanky. I thinks that's the
proper technical term. When any other position is chosen on the
switch the display works perfectly. In the one bad position the
display shows different types of wankyness as I wiggle the selector
knob slightly back and forth. So I'm thinking about spraying some
Deoxit D5 into the switch. I'll probably need to remove the scope
cover to do this. Is this a bad idea? Is there a better solution?
Thanks,
Eric

Some cam switches I think I just used alcohol. I never did, pbut
thinking of lube or cleaner lube, I love CRC 2-26.

I'll second the 2-26. It's the aerosol can I'd least like to do without for
electronics work.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."