Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY: Separating mains and low voltage cables in trunking

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:36:25 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky wrote:

I am looking to use some 50mm X 50mm trunking around the garage to take
mains wiring. I would also like to run some Cat5e cables in the trunking
but I cannot find any that will take a separator and was wondering if it
was acceptable to install smaller trunking within the larger one and
enclose the low voltage cables within?

Can't see anything wrong with that as far as electrical safety is
concerned. I'd be a bit more worried about common mode induction from
the mains into the Cate5e. What are the Cat5e's going to be used for?

--
Cheers
Dave.