Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default Pot Repair

On 10/26/2018 9:39 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On 26 Oct 2018 03:52:39 -0300, Mike Spencer
wrote:

AKA a "Tinker's Dam"

Such bolts, complete with washers and leathers, intended for such
repairs, used to be in hardware stores. I have some but haven't seen
them in the store for decades.

My last failed enamelware item was a dishpan. JB Weld after acid prep
worked but didn't last. No new enamel dishpans in store (although
they do have the canning kettles you speak of) so I made a dishpan
from 16 ga. m/s. (From pieces, welded up, not raised in one piece.)
Will last my kids' lifetimes after they inherit it. A little heavier
than its predecessor.

Did you use the JB weld on the inside? I don't think you could heat it
much over water's boiling point.