Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Need a hobby shop 18702

On 10/26/2018 10:59 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/26/2018 9:10 PM, rbowman wrote:

that in perspective the smallest drill bit you're liable to find at
the hardware store is 1/16.

Any should have down to #60 (0.040") altho that's still a little too big
for a hole in a 1/32nd-wide brass strip...

I haven't seen many decent number drills in Ace etc. I do have a set
from Harbor Freight that are semi-usable. I bought a set of 0.3 to 1.0
mm drills that weren't very good either. Finally I just faked it. Even
with a Dremel drill press it wasn't going very well.

Hopefully I can finish it this winter. Mostly rigging although I have to
fabricate some chainplates and dead eyes.

My real plan was to build a Viking longship but this was billed as an
entry level kit. It great quality with plenty of spare material but it's
so small everything is tiny. Not good when you take XXXL gloves.