Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ABLE1[_4_] ABLE1[_4_] is offline

Default Pot Repair

On 10/25/2018 9:32 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
Hello all,

I have a friend that has a large baked porcelain pot used for
the canning process. Dimensions about 18" Diameter and maybe 16" Deep
Used on a stove to boil water with canning jars inside on a metal rack
for a period of time till done, etc.

There is a small hole at the bottom outside radius corner.Â* Needless to
say the hole will not allow water to retain itself within the pot and
most likely will extinguish any flames that are applied to the pot.

The desire is to patch the hole without doing serious damage to
the rest of the pot.Â* Anyone have any knowledge on what type
of repair will work the best with this "Holy Pot"??

Thanks for all of the expert and otherwise suggestions.

Les

Thanks all,

I will pass on and maybe there is an answer imbedded it the content.

Have a good weekend.

Les