Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY: Separating mains and low voltage cables in trunking

On 26/10/2018 19:07, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin formulated the question :
I could be wrong but had always assumed the requirement was based on
the need for separation between power and data to reduce
interference/inductive/capacitive coupling.

IEE Regs do not care about that, but it states something about the
insulation of the lower voltage cables has to be to mains spec.. Data
cables are not rated for mains voltages, so there has to be some sort of
physical barrier separating them. I would imagine that the data cable in
its own trunking would be OK.

That is a beter explantion of what I understand to be the case, than mine.

+1

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain