Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default DIY: Separating mains and low voltage cables in trunking

In article ,
says...

IEE Regs do not care about that, but it states something about the
insulation of the lower voltage cables has to be to mains spec.. Data
cables are not rated for mains voltages, so there has to be some sort
of physical barrier separating them. I would imagine that the data
cable in its own trunking would be OK.

I'm planning to put telephone extension cable in uPVC trunking
carrying 2.5mm cable. So I've bought some plastic angle that
is slightly narrower than the space between the lid and the
bottom of the trunking.

Plan is put lengths of good quality double sided tape on the
angle and insert it into the trunking beside the mains cable.

The telephone cable will then be run in its own compartment.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com