Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Separating mains and low voltage cables in trunking

Personally I'd not want to get data cables anywhere near long runs of mains
wiring due to inductive effects that might affect their efficiency.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
I am looking to use some 50mm X 50mm trunking around the garage to take
mains wiring. I would also like to run some Cat5e cables in the trunking but
I cannot find any that will take a separator and was wondering if it was
acceptable to install smaller trunking within the larger one and enclose the
low voltage cables within?

Richard