Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great shop tip for us old farts

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 06:38:09 -0500, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 8:02 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
Well, I find myself more unstable on my feet now so I need to be careful!* I
have big "C"- clamps tightened on the edges and corners of my workbench and on
shelving units and on other things like my drill press.* So anywhere I walk in
the shop there is a nearby handhold readily available.* In some places I have
clamped a short length of 2x4 in place.* All this has saved me a tumble or two.
sucks to get old and deteriorate!

I'm there too these days. A few of my falls were me just not paying attention.
I've had some face plants on concrete and haven't broke anything yet. knock on
wood

I recently came across this on some tip on getting back on your feet after a fall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ETgQD8QhZs.

I hafta get a walking stick. I'm thinking one of those collapsible ski
pole looking types. I've had vertigo for over 30 years but it has
gotten worse the last few years and I did a good face plant about a
month ago.
Eric