Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi soldering station review

On Friday, 26 October 2018 16:32:11 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Which model do they use? Mine uses the TC50 (shows the age) but haven't
had problems getting spares last time I looked.

antex 690-SD they changed the plug design from a push DIN to a screw in
DIN plug on the new stations we have the 690D

That must be old if it used those awful audio DIN plugs. ;-)

Well ~7 years old , I did try to buy replacements and then sent me ones with the newer 270 deg spacing pins mine were the even older 180 deg ones.

The locking versions, but in metal (same pin spacing etc) we used to call
Touchel - used on some microphones.

that's our new ones and you can;t use the older irons on them.
Pity of the old stations still work as we have 9 of them still working only one doesn;t have an iron to go with it.

So we bought 10 new irons with stations, these new stations are better than the old ones.