Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wood chips on wild grass

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:54:51 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 10/25/2018 12:20 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 20:00:30 -0500, "ChairMan" no
wrote:

oak and hickory are great together

Both are high in BTU. Helps me to stabilize temps in the smoker. Some
people mix in pecan (pee-con) to add a nice smoke flavor to oak or
hickory.
Post oak and hickory are the go to here in Tejas for briskets, I use pecan
for my pork butts.

Cherry wood chunks will give pork butts a nice mahogany color with
mild flavor.

Brisket is my nemesis. (G)

* The key to brisket IMO is a long rest at low heat while wrapped in
foil ... I did manage a fork-tender brisket that way , but they've
gotten too damn pricey for me .

Some Texicans I watch do a Texas Cheat in the stall. Wrap in pink
butcher paper, wrap in a cotton towel, placed in a cooler until
rested. Damn that.
--
....our great nation is under attack by termites...attacking the foundation - Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory